March Pincushion Swap
Walnut shells for pincushions available at the 3/5/15 meeting. Make a pincushion to swap in any style you wish. Check Pinterest for ideas.
April Ugly Fat Quarter Exchange and sign up for May Rainbow Charm Swap
· Please bring an ugly fat quarter to swap. You are challenge to use it in a small project and bring it to the May meeting to be eligible for a prize.
· You can sign-up this month for the Rainbow Charm Swap. If you want to participate you will sign up for one of the colors of the rainbow. Next month you will bring a charm square for each person in the swap in the color you signed up for. This means if 7 quilters sign up for 7 different colors, each of us will bring 7 charm squares and we will take home 7 charm squares in each color. You can use a print, but when you look at the fabric it should read the color you were assigned.
May Rainbow Charm Swap
· Bring your project made with the ugly fat quarter from last month to be eligible for a prize.
· Last month we assigned a color of the rainbow to each person that wants to participate. You will bring a 5” charm square in your color for each person participating in this swap. You are now challenged to use the charm squares in a project. You have until the September meeting to complete this challenge.
· Pass out zip lock bags/directions for June’s Scrap Bag Swap.
June Scrap Bag Swap
You will make a scrap bag of fabrics and notions that you like from your stash. Scraps can be a mixture of different size strips and pieces, or 4 fat quarters. Need at least a yard of fabric in your bag. Notions can be buttons, bias tape, lace, etc. Make sure you love what is in your bag because you will be getting it back. We will swap scrap bags with each other. The quilter who picks your bag will be making you a mini quilt, which will be your gift at the Holiday Party.
July Quilted Christmas Ornament or Community Outreach Fidget Quilt Challenge
Christmas in July, make a Christmas ornament to swap. Check Pinterest to get some ideas.
August Pattern Swap
Bring patterns that you have made or no longer want to swap.
September Rainbow Charm Challenge
· At the May meeting we exchanged 5” charm squares in the color of the rainbow. Now bring your completed project to our meeting to be eligible for a prize.
· To get ready for our October swap, each member will write down their favorite color. During the meeting we will draw a name. Next month you will bring two fat quarters for your person in their favorite color.
October Favorite Color Swap
This month you will receive two fat quarters in your favorite color.
November No meeting
December Mini Quilt Challenge using Scrap Bag Swap