Kim, Alice, Sandy, Jenifer, Marybeth, Lynn C., Lynn B., Delynne, Jackie, Phoebe, Linda, Gloria, Geri, Debbie, Amy
Sandy open meeting to business:
· Our President Kelly was absent tonight due to work commitments.
· October 17, 2015 we will be meeting at the Farmer’s Market at Marion Square-downtown Charleston for a picnic/show & tell of our quilts on the lawn. Geri’s daughter may come to do photographs for us.
· JK Modern Quilt camp will be August 5-7, 2016 at Camp St. Christopher. Please contact Kim or Jackie if you are interested in attending.
· At our October 27th guild meeting our program will be Quilt Labels with Amy and Delynne will teach us Needleturn Applique
· Due to upcoming holidays our November meeting will be on 11/10/15 and our December meeting will be our holiday party (date to come).
· It is time to be thinking about our 2016 Officers/Board for the upcoming year. If you are interested in serving please contact Kelly or Sandy to let them know of your intentions. We are only as good as our membership participation.
The Cobblestone Quilters Guild Quilt Show will be March 4 & 5, 2016. Application to enter quilts is in January.
Phoebe reminded us that the deadline to enter Quilt Con West is November 30, 2015. Two of the Mother Emanuel AME quilts are done and 4 are in the process.
We had 7 ladies participating in our Rainbow Charm Square Challenge and Sandy won the challenge prize. Tonight we drew names to bring fat quarters next month to that person in their favorite color.
All of the Rainbow Charm square challenge entries:
· Alice-Mini quilt from the Sunday Lizzie House class, a Hexagon tablecloth, and a 1833 Shooting Star Quilt
Amy-Give away from a quilters closet
· Jackie-Princess Swap Mini
Jenifer-Bag & Pouch
Phoebe-Ipad Quilt Case. It was the Idea Pouch by Michelle Patterns. I reduced the size by 20% to make it work for my iPad Mini. http://www.michellepatterns.com/product/idea-pouch-pdf-sewing-pattern
· Next guild meeting: October 27, 2015 at 6:30 pm. Doors open at 6 pm for open sew.