There were 10 members and 1 visitor in attendance. Welcome Patty.
Everyone was welcomed and Phoebe, President started our meeting for business. We did not have any business to attend to so we displayed our Charleston Group Quilt blocks - which are amazing. Great job ladies! If you haven’t done so already, please send Phoebe your finished blocks ASAP.
Community Service – Alice mentioned an article in Quilters Newsletter June/July magazine for Fidget Quilts which are made for Alzheimer’s patients. This committee will look into the details and report back to us to see if this will be our next service project.
Special Events- We are planning to use elfster.com to draw names for a handmade gift swap during our Christmas party. We can use elfster.com to communicate anonymously with our secret partner to get to know them better.
Show & Tell
We had a great show and tell. Thanks to all who contributed and make sure to bring new items next month.
· Amy-Super Nova Friendship block swap with Kim, Shirt Swap and a block she is testing the pattern for called Greek Plus Puss quilt by Rossie Hutchinson.
· Jackie-t-shirt quilts (amazing spiderweb quilting by Geri!) and the Sister’s Oregon Quilt calendar, “The Men Behind the Quilts”, which is a fundraiser to support a nonprofit organization that creates fiber arts magic all year long.
· Lynn-shared her new collection of Cotton + Steel fabric bundle and a new quilt which she quilted on her new long-arm machine.
· Geri-the Heather Ross book, “How to Catch a Frog”, and “Lucky Spool’s Essential guide to Modern Quilt Making. Also a red quilt from a sew day.
· Alice-pocket book using a Rainbow Row panel, the pattern is Amy Butler’s Birdie Sling. Then she shared a book, “Elmer” by David McKee and made a patchwork elephant-too cute.
· Delynne-t-shirt and a book by Alexandra Winston, “Quilt Lab”.
· Pat-Christmas panel quilt, floral panel quilt, and a Jelly Roll Race 2 quilt.
· Phoebe-pillow with an easy sew in zipper.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 6:30pm at the Heritage Trust Bank at 847 Coleman Blvd.
Mark your Calendars
August 16, 2014 Sew In Day
August 26, 2014 CHS MQG Meeting
February 19-21, 2015 QuiltCon 2015 in Austin, Texas
Bring to the July Meeting: Name tag, show & tell items, and you.