CHARITY - headed by Sandy
- port pillows for seat belts
- walker bags
- lap quilts for senior centers
- QuiltCon charity challenge
SWAPS - headed by Cheryl
- Members brought in a fat quarter. All fat quarters were put into a bag and drawn by another member. That member must make a box, bag or bowl to be given back to the person who brought the fat quarter at the March meeting.
- In March, we will discuss plans for a 12" finished black and white block to be made into a charity quilt. These blocks will be due in April.
- Please remember to return your UFO challenge forms to Cheryl.
PROGRAMS - headed by Geri
- At our March sew day, we will be sewing the Noodlehead Market Tote from the Handmade Style book by Anna Graham.
The evening's program was a slideshow of pictures of a favorite quilt (or two) shown at QuiltCon. Lynn asked each person who sent a picture to say why they chose the quilt as their favorite.
SHOW AND TELL
Alice brought another gorgeous handpieced baby quilt made of vintage print fabrics.
Connie showed off her gorgeous wall hanging quilt of a sunset.
Hope wore an apron made of scrappy happiness.
Pam made a wall quilt from shot cottons.
Angie bought in a mini quilt with cross stitch detail.
Karen ventured into the world of paper piecing with her veggies mini.
Cheryl showed off the mini that she got in a QuiltCon swap and a hexagon baby quilt.
Jenifer finally finished her Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt that is being sent off to be handquilted by an Amish woman! We're all jealous!
Lynn made a quilt of mostly Costa Rican flags so she can snuggle up with vacation memories. She called this one "I Wanna Be An Expat". Please don't, Lynn. Please don't.
Phoebe finished up the binding on her "I Love the 80s" quilt, which was the product of a traveling quilt swap and was quilted by Lynn with amazing details.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, March 28 at the Heritage Trust Federal Credit Union at 847 Coleman Blvd in Mt Pleasant. Doors open at 6 and the meeting starts at 6.30.
Don't forget to bring your nametag, swap item and show and tell!! See you there!