There were 12 members in attendance.
Everyone was welcomed and Phoebe, our President started our meeting for business. We are looking forward to our improv class with Geri Saturday (11/15/14). Please arrive at 9 am to set-up and to begin as soon as possible. We can stay later than 3 if we want to.
Amy will host a workshop at our sew day on January 10, 2015. Please pick out your supplies tonight from her. We are expecting 6 in attendance at this time.
Phoebe has contacted Heritage Trust Credit Union to set-up our meetings and sew days for the upcoming year (2015).
Our holiday party will be on December 6 on Sullivan’s Island, from 2 pm to 5 pm. Please bring your favorite appetizer/sweet and your homemade gift.
We had the following nominations for the 2015 Board:
Sandy Goodwin and Lynn Crymes-Vice President
Phoebe Harrell-Member at large
Ballots/voting will be handed out at our January meeting. We will sign-up for committees in January and our new President will assign a chairperson for each committee. Please bring your 2015 membership dues of $60 to the January meeting and complete a new membership form.
If you are planning on attending QuiltCon, plese send your schedules to Phoebe so she can create a spreadsheet.
Geri gave us an update on our MQG charity quilt. She will be quilting it for us, thank you!
Delynne won the drawing for a Riley Blake jelly roll.
Our next meeting/holiday party will be on December 6, 2014.
Show & Tell
We had a great show and tell. Thanks to all who contributed and make sure to bring new items next month.
· Alice-Hexagon quilt in progress
· Kim-Priory Square fat quarters
· Sandy-Color cards, Alison Glass’ Applique book and nephew’s quilt.
· Jenifer-Hexagon quilt for a great niece and pillow which she machine quilted.
· Geri-first embroidery and 2 books on African American quilts by Eli Leon: Who’da Thought It and Model in the Mind.
· Kelly-Betsy Travel Bag which will be in an upcoming WhipperCrafter magazine.
· Amy-finished a Liberty swap: small spool quilt & pin cushion. Charms from Alison glass and a small quilt for a lady in Australia.
Our next meeting will be Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 2:00 pm on Sullivan’s Island.
Mark your Calendars
November 30, 2014 Deadline to enter a quilt into Quilt Con
December 6, 2014 Holiday Party
January 10, 2015 Sew Day with Amy
January 27, 2015 CMQG Meeting
February 19-21, 2015 QuiltCon 2015 in Austin, Texas
February 24, 2015 CMQG Meeting
Bring to the December Meeting: Name tag, homemade gift, show & tell items, and you.
Funds to Treasurer: $0