There were 13 members in attendance.
Phoebe, President, opened the meeting and welcomed everyone.
Riley Blake fabric has been delayed. Phoebe will email us when it comes in and pick-up might be at Stitch n’ Sew. The deadline has not changed for this challenge, December 2013. (http://themodernquiltguild.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/the-basics-challenge-with-riley-blake-designs/).
Labels/fabric with our logo will be coming in soon. We will use the labels for our charity quilts and fabric for our name tags. Our deadline for nametags is the Holiday party.
The Cobblestone Quilters Guild will be hosting their quilt show February 28 - March 1, 2014. January 9, 2014 is the deadline to enter quilt into the show. Please check their website for additional information: http://www.cobblestonequilters.com/show2014.htm .
Swaps & Challenges: Rita has asked us to bring 1-2 modern Christmas fat quarters to the next meeting. The fat quarters will be bundled and two or more winners will be drawn.
A reminder that the People, Places & Quilts challenge is due at our next guild meeting. No sleeve is required on the quilt. Put a label on the back, but cover for judging.
Special Events: Plan to attend our Holiday party on December 7, 2013. Details will follow. Save the date on your calendars.
Our Quilting Bee
Kim received 16 wonky log cabin blocks at the meeting. Phoebe is our next recipient of blocks, which will be house blocks. We received gray fabric which is the sky fabric and handouts for ideas on what kind of blocks she is interested in. You can add grass to your house, but NO applique, NO batiks, NO schoolhouse block, and NO particular size. You can use modern Kaffe Fassett fabrics only.
Delynne will be next month’s swapper.
Show & Tell
We had a great show and tell. Thanks to all who contributed and make sure to bring new items next month.
· Alice-selvage mug rug and a Christmas Swoon block pillow.
· Geri-Drunkard’s patch cut on her Go-Cutter and using a layer cake of Denyse Schmidt’s fabric and some Tula Pink.
· Tamie-adding to stash and attending the Asheville Quilt Show this weekend.
· Phoebe-shared her Airplane paper-pieced blocks which are made using Liberty fabrics and another of Seamlab’s designs called Transmission.
· Keri-two bags, one is called a Peek-a-Boo Chevron bag from All People Quilt website
· Kim-book cover with the cutest prairie points.
· Linda-“In Love with Squares & Rectangles”, by Amy Walsh & Janine Burke.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, October 22 at 6:30pm at the SMHA offices at 400 Hibben Street.