August 28, 2012
There were ten members in attendance.
· Block Swap will begin at the next meeting. Each person will have a month assigned to them. During your assigned month you will pick a block for each member to make. You will bring a completed block for us to see, a pattern for each person and any fabric you want to be consistent in your quilt. Tell us what you want and any details to make the blocks the way you want them. Phoebe has a list of participants and she will draw next week for order. An email will go out to all participants with the month assignments and guidelines. Linda has asked to have a month in 2013.
· Group will visit Tabby’s Quilt Shop in Beaufort, SC on September 22, 2012 (our first field trip). We will plan the convoy once we know who all wants to go. Please email Phoebe if you are interested in going.
Show & Tell:
· Pillow from Kim made with the Jawbreaker pattern by Little Jaybird Quilts
Pillow from Geri from the Material Obsession 2 book by Kathy Dougherty & Sarah Fielke. We talked Geri into teaching this pattern for a future sewing day.
Phoebe told a story about her Africa trip and shared her pictures. She told us about an organization which she supports called Action Kivu which teaches women from the Congo to sew and start their own business to support their families. They also help fund the the education of children affected by the conflicts in the area.
· Alice will share her Words quilt and a Lone Star quilt at the next meeting. Too much rain prevented her from bringing it tonight.
· Rita shared her nephew’s Super Hero Quilt.