Minutes for the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild Meeting on January 27, 2015
There were 17 members in attendance and we welcomed our guest Carol.
Everyone was welcomed and Phoebe, our President started our meeting for business.
Tonight we voted for our 2015 guild officers: Kelly Biscopink-President, Sandy Goodwin-Vice President, Amy Southerland-Secretary, and Jackie Boyd Treasurer. Motion to accept ballot of officers was made by Cathy, seconded by Susan Clark, and voted by present membership.
Kelly presented Phoebe with quilt made by all of us and thanks for starting our guild and being President for the past 2 years. She cried. The group made a star quilt.
Charity and group quilt have been received by Quilt Con.
Turn over Board meeting held after our regular meeting
Our next meeting will be on February 24, 2015.
Show & Tell
We had a great show and tell. Thanks to all who contributed and make sure to bring new items next month.
· Phoebe-Quilt from Geri’s Improv class
· Kelly-Whippercrafter small tree quilts, Improv sampler baby quilt, and Once Upon a Time cross-stitch sampler
· Alice-Alabama Chanin journal cover
· Carol-Harry Potter quilt
· Becky-Improv blocks and little house blocks
· Jenifer-dottie log cabin blocks and a small quilt for charity
· Sandy-name tag, social tote, embroidery kit, and a quilt from Geri’s Improv class
· Lynn-PPQ Improv group quilt and a wonky star quiltAmy- paper pieced mini quilt
Keri-Quilt for new grand baby
· Delynne-Small improv quilt
· Geri- Alabama Chanin journal cover
Mark your Calendars
February 14, 2015 Sew Day
February 19-21, 2015 QuiltCon 2015 in Austin, Texas
February 24, 2015 CMQG Meeting
Bring to the February Meeting: Name tag, show & tell items, and you.
Funds to Treasurer: $840
The quilt the guild made in appreciation of Phoebe and her hard work and passion for the guild: