Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April meeting reminder and IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY!!

Hello quilting pals!!!

Guess what? Our little group is one year old this month. Awwwwww. . .  sweet.  

Since we all tend to get reflective around our birthdays, I'd like to mention a few things. 
1.  I'm really proud of our little group and I am grateful every single month to see so many faces around the table.  It really does make me feel warm and fuzzy. I had a little dream of having friends who were into the same sorts of fabric and designs that I liked. I just never thought I'd meet so many of you. Thank you.
2.  I think that since we're one year into this, it's time to circle back and revisit the idea of what makes the kinds of quilts we make modern. Is it the fabric? Or patterns? Or quilting? It can be any one of these things or a combination. So, this month, I'd like to ask each of you to bring in a modern fabric from your stash. It could be yardage or a scrap. (Just big enough so we can all see, please.) We'll talk about what makes these fabrics (or doesn't make these fabrics) modern. This will be the first in a series of presentations about what makes quilting "modern". I'd like to tap members of our group to come up with short, 5-15 minute presentations at the beginning of each meeting so if you have ideas about something you'd like to discuss, please let me know and we'll get you on the schedule.  

As usual, our meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month so we'll be meeting next Tuesday, April 23rd at 6.30pm at the SMHA offices located at 400 Hibben St.  

If you are participating in the block swap, please remember to return Sandy's block. Linda Ambrose is up next on the list for April. If you are participating in the swap but can't attend this month's meeting, please buddy up with someone to return your block and pick up next month's.  

As always, bring your show and tell and hope to see lots of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment